History of Boxley Timber and Fencing Supplies
There has been a sawmill on this site since the early 1900's, originally serving the “Boxley Estate” which covered a large area including Grove Green, Sandling, Weavering, Walderslade Woods and Lordswood. In 1971 the Dowle family started trading from the premises manufacturing chestnut products, coppicing from surrounding chestnut woodland. At one time being the largest chestnut user in Kent. As times changed and less chestnut material was required, the focus was transferred to selling mainstream fencing materials, including panels and posts.
Jim Dowle is still part of the ownership today, however his daughter Kym, along with her husband Sean McMillan have taken over the daily running of the business, with assistance from Martin Benton, David Burgum and Aidan Milner-Moore.
The sawmill has grown steadily over the years with many improvements. The biggest one came in March 1998 when Boxley Timber & Fencing Supplies Ltd was formed giving the customers a more professional and comprehensive retail service, with an amazing new office building being built 10 years later providing the opportunity of stocking a huge selection of tools and fittings in the large shop.
Today we are still a family owned company offering friendly and professional advice, giving an efficient service to all our customers, using good quality materials at all times.